How to decorate your home using mirrors.
Mirrors are a great way to infuse personal style into your home décor. In addition to being a decorator’s best friend, mirrors are now being used for other practical purposes such as brightening the room, expanding the spaciousness of the room. This is because a well-placed mirror can be used to enhance the natural lighting of a room just like mirror ducts, which are popularly used for this purpose. Here are some tips on how mirror can enhance the décor of your homes.
Using Mirrors for Better Natural Lighting
Well lit homes with natural lights typically look better than dimly lit spaces. As such you would want to device ways to enhance the natural lighting of your home. Mirrors can help you do just that. Here are a few tips to help you out:
- You can create the illusion of an additional window by placing a beautiful full-length mirror in between two windows. This can maximize the natural light coming into the room.
- Lining two adjacent walls with mirrors can bounce the light around the room and help you make the most of natural light.
- Place a mirror right across from a window, so you can not only increase the light in the room but also reflect on the beautiful view.
- You can maximize the light coming into a room by placing a large mirror just above the mantel. This will also create the illusion of a bigger room.
H2: Using Mirrors to Open up the Room
When placed correctly, mirrors can be used to open up the space of a tiny room and make it look more spacious. The following tips can help you create the illusion of a bigger room:
- Try lining a wall with mirror and then placing a piece of furniture right in front. This gives the idea of a bigger space in a tiny apartment.
- You can always open up a tiny lane or entry way with the help of a mirror. It's also handy as it is always helpful to check ourselves that we are ready and tidy before we leave the house.
- Lining an entire wall with mirror and layering smaller mirrors on top can be a great way to give your living space a more open feeling. For the upper layer, you can find a variety of defined mirrors in the latest styles at online furniture stores in Singapore.
Making the Right Choice when Shopping for Mirrors Online in Singapore
While you can’t go too wrong with mirrors, it’s also important that you choose styles that complement the look and feel of your home. For instance, wood-framed mirrors can help create a homier vibe and chunkier mirrors can add more depth. Be sure to consider all these factors before making a decision.
It’s also crucial that you contact the store to ask about the warranty and return policies before making a purchase. This way, you can be protected against manufacturing defects and damage in transit during delivery. It would be best to not rush into a decision, so that you can make the right choice when buying mirrors online in Singapore. So, go ahead and light up your home with great-looking mirrors.
View our full Furniture for Singapore collection.